Sunday, February 8, 2009

The End


You may be wondering why I would close out this blog of our South African experience with a picture of our clothesline. It's because it reminds me of our life there ... the warm climate, the gentle breezes, the almost ever-present sunshine ... and the slightly slower pace of life. Although it was sometimes inconvenient, I grew to love hanging our clothes on the line -- especially when I knew Sindi would be there to iron them!

When people ask me what I miss most about South Africa, I give a cop out answer and say "the lifestyle". That of course includes our lovely home and our household help (especially Sindi), our dear friends, the boy's fantastic school, and simply living and traveling in such a uniquely beautiful and diverse country.

We are so thankful to have had this opportunity, and I think we all feel that we have left a piece of ourselves there forever!

No comments: